Must see attractions while in travelling outback NSW
When on your outback driving adventure of the Darling River Run there are many amazing attractions and so much local history to discover. The following attractions should be on your list of things to do.
- Take a long therapeutic soak in the naturally heated thermal baths at Lightning Ridge bore baths
- Relax your aching muscles in the Bore Baths at Walgett
- Be amazed by the National Heritage listed Aboriginal Fish Traps at Brewarrina
- Visit the Brewarrina Aboriginal Cultural Museum
- Find great spots to fish and camp at Brewarrina
- Enjoy a show of original contemporary Australian poetry and music at Poetry on a Plate
- Walk through history at the Back O’Bourke Exhibition Centre
- Paddle the Darling River on the PV Jandra
- Take your car and a mudmap tour and explore Bourke
- Take our camera to the old Wharf, and take in the sunset from Mount Oxley or the old North Bourke bridge
- Learn what Fred Hollows did for Bourke
- Visit the amazing attractions of Toorale and Gundabooka National Parks
- Visit Louth for the annual races each August
- Visit the Celtic Cross at sunset in Louth at Mary Mathews monument.
- Don’t miss the Tilpa Hotel
- Check out the beautiful historical stone buildings of Wilcannia
- Visit Menindee Lakes for a fantastic spot for bird watching (over 236 species recorded)
- Visit Menindee the 1st town proclaimed on the Darling River Run
- Take your camera for Menindee’s magical sunsets
- Find out why the two tiered wharf made Pooncarie a great spot for paddle steamers.
- Visit Pooncarie for a great spot to camp by the Darling River
- Visit Wentworth – Junction of the Murray and the Darling Rivers
- Check out the PS Ruby & Visit the Old Wentworth Goal
- Perry Sand Hills at Wentworth
These attractions are not to be missed.